The board of Directors of the Virginia Thanksgiving Festival, Inc. shall annually have the exclusive right and privilege to grant and award a monetary award for an academic scholarship on the merit achievement and the record of a student that is a full time resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The student must attend an accredited College or University for the following academic year as a full-time student, but the College or University can be outside of the State of Virginia. The College or University shall not include Junior colleges, Community colleges and/or Technical schools or trade training programs or such institutions.
Virginia Thanksgiving Festival, Inc.
Scholarship Application Requirements
Thank you for your interest in the Virginia Thanksgiving Festival, Inc. Scholarship. To insure that you may be considered, your completed packet must include the following:
- Completed application form.
- Completed typed essay on topic provided not to exceed 250 words.
- Sealed transcript from present High School.
- A Letter of Recommendation from someone in a leadership role at your High School, or a leader of an organization in which you are a participating member.
- Must meet the deadline of March 15th for receipt of application packet by the VTF Board. Packet must include application form, essay, sealed transcript, letter of recommendation.
- Must have proof of acceptance into college before receiving scholarship. Students awarded the scholarship will have the sum of $500.00 sent directly to their college
- Must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- GPA must be 3.5 or better.
- Students awarded this scholarship must be in attendance at the Thanksgiving Festival held the first Sunday in November.
Completed application packets must be returned to:
Virginia Thanksgiving Festival, Inc. Berkeley Plantation 12602 Harrison Landing Rd Charles City, VA 23030